Kinova's founder and CEO was assisting his uncles living with muscular dystrophy. An uncle of his invented a makeshift arm to independently pick up objects which sparked the desire to bring this idea far beyond his uncle’s design.
In 2006 Kinova was founded and their first robotic arm was launched, which changed the paradigm of robotics by creating safe technologies with a human-centric purpose.
Kinova's team of ambassadors are very active in local schools and networking events, from presenting robotics 101 to elementary schools, to mentoring high school and college students in their projects for robotics competitions, and participating in open-table discussions on robotics engineering in some of the top universities.
Gen 3 lite Robot
The Gen3 lite is adaptable for all levels of expertise, so you can control your robot to perform everything from simple grasping tasks to programming more complex manipulation applications in ROS, C++, and Python.
- Efficient, transparent actuators with an embedded controller.
- High-level and low-level control
- 1 kHz low-level closed-loop control
- Protection zones
Gen 3 Robot Arm
Adaptable for all levels of learning:
- Easy set up in under 30 minutes
- 6 or 7 degrees of freedom
- Smart actuators with integrated torque sensors
- Optional integrated 2D/3D vision module
- Versatile end-effector interface module
- ROS, MATLAB and SIMULINK Packages
- Infinite rotation on all joints
Find Out More